Here are the list of steps you need to do to get set up:
- Get a Google account (e.g., Gmail).
- Create a Google sites portfolio.
- Customize your portfolio using the MobileCSP style.
- Share the link to your Google site with your teacher.
In order to build apps with App Inventor you will need a Gmail account. If you don't already have an account visit the Google Signup Form and follow the instructions there for setting up an account.
Google Account Google Site
A Google site is a website. We will be using a Google site to share ideas and to present our apps and other work. For each app that you build you will be asked to create a web page that describes your app and gives visitors links to download and run your app. For non-programming lessons you will be asked to answer questions about a reading or to share your reflections about a contemporary issue such as "Privacy".
By the end of this course you will be very skilled at creating and maintaining your own simple web site. Do your best to make your site attractive and informative. Your site will be one way to express yourself and "Show your stuff!"
To get started:
Create and Customize Your Portfolio
- Go to Google sites (sites.google.com).
- Make sure you are logged in, click the red 'CREATE' button on the top left.
- On the next page, click "Browse the gallery for more."
- In the search box, type "Mobile CSP" and press Enter.*
- Click on the "mobilecsp2017-2018" template and then scroll to the bottom of the window and click the blue "Select" button.
- Name your site using a descriptive name, such as "John Jone's Mobile Computing Portfolio"
- Type in the captcha code shown (if one is provided).
- Click the red "CREATE" button again and wait for your site to load. *Note: If you are using a Google account associated with a school domain, you may need to search for the Mobile CSP template under "public" rather than within your school district. If you have problems searching, you can go to the template directly and then click the blue button in the upper right, USE TEMPLATE.
Notice there is a navigation bar containing the following categories: Homework, Creative projects, Reflections, and Performance Tasks
You will add pages to each of the four categories as you complete the lessons in this course. At a minimum your site should have the following features:A home page with whatever personal information you want to share about yourself, including a photo or image. The photo doesn't have to be a personal photo. Here is another example of a site that provides a step-by-step guide for setting up a Google site and for how to add/customize pages.